Grant Proposal Writing 101
Grant proposal writing can be an intimidating process but it may be necessary to secure funding for your organization’s programs and services. Connect.DC in partnership with the DC Office of Partnership and Grant Services (OPGS) and Mayor’s Office of Community Affairs, offered a workshop on grant proposal writing basics: tips; dos and don’ts; and completing District forms.
Connect.DC will release several grants throughout the coming year and encourages potential applicants to attend and learn best practices. The Grant Proposal Writing 101 Workshop equipped interested applicants with tools and resources for effective proposal writing and helped participants navigate the District’s proposal process and requirements.
On March 26th, Connect.DC and OPGS hosted the workshop with grant writing experts who shared their knowledge and experience to help participants get money for their organization! Presenters included Pat Henry, Deputy Director of OPGS and Gable Barmer, Consultant for J & G Consultants, LLC.
During the TA Workshop, presenters:
* Provided tips aboout effective grant proposal writing;
* Shared the dos and don’ts of grant proposal writing ;
* Provided examples of proposals and shared useful resources ;
* Shared information about upcoming Requests for Applications (RFAs) from Connect.DC;
* Discussed the importance of completing and submitting forms for proposals.