Connect.DC created SPARK to give District of Columbia students opportunities to build relevant skills in science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM). We hope our programs spark an interest in STEAM for children who have limited exposure to tech programs or want to learn more about potential tech careers in DC’s growing innovation economy.
Coding and Entrepreneurship Program
Connect.DC is partnering with Clearly Innovative to provide education, mentorship and a positive learning environment that engages and teaches technical and entrepreneurial skills to students of all backgrounds. The program teaches students to brainstorm mobile app ideas and build mobile app prototypes. Students also learn to pitch and present their ideas to industry professionals. Students gain experience with basic programming through instructors and online coding tools and use their knowledge to create mobile solutions to community problems.
- Grade levels: Middle and high school
- Dates: July 16 - August 9, 2018
- Times: Monday/ Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Locations: 200 I (Eye) St. SE (Monday/Wednesday) and 2301-D Georgia Ave. NW (Tuesday/Thursday)
Ready to Apply?
All applications (along with residency and school verification) MUST be submitted by Friday, June 29 at 11:59PM.
A complete program application must include the following:
- Completed online application: https://goo.gl/rc7X9s
- Proof of residency (1 form). Acceptable submissions include the following:
- Unexpired state-issued Driver’s License, Learner’s Permit, or Non-Driver’s Identification Card; utility bill; mail from a Federal or District Government Agency (dated within the past 6 months); executed lease or rental agreement dated within one year (must be signed and dated).
- Most recent report card or academic transcript.
Please email your residency and school enrollment documents to [email protected]with the following subject line: SPARK Application Documents. For additional questions about the application process, contact Clearly Innovative at (202) 407-7300 or email [email protected] Please direct all inquiries to Stephanie Cunningham, Education Coordinator.