Connect.DC provides tech training workshops to residents who want to build the types of basic skills needed to be successful in a digitally connected world. Our goal is to help District residents navigate the digital landscape and make technology relevant to their daily lives. These classes help establish a solid technology foundation for residents who may be interested in more advanced digital literacy classes in the future.
- Smartphone 101: This workshop provides a basic understanding of web-enabled mobile devices. Topics include: text messaging, downloading apps, accessing the internet, and setting privacy restrictions.
- Social Media 101: This workshop teaches participants how to use social media. Topics include: common uses of social media, popular platforms, frequently used terms, and other useful resources.
- Cybersecurity Awareness: This workshop teaches participants how to stay safe online. Topics include: important definitions, protecting personal information, tips for browsing safely, and advice for parents who want to keep their children safe online.
Ready to Sign Up?
- Text LEARN to 83224 (Recurring messages. Msg & data rates may apply. Terms & Conditions)
- Check our calendar for a list of Connect.DC workshops and other computer training opportunities in the District.